What is My Car Maintenance Schedule?
After you buy a new Kia or used vehicle near New Orleans, it’s important to keep up with regular car services to ensure that it runs properly for years to come. Not only does this help you get the most out of your investment, but routine maintenance saves you from having to pay for more serious, and more expensive, issues down the road. Follow this car maintenance schedule to keep all aspects of your car in proper working order.
A General Kia Maintenance Schedule
No two vehicles are exactly alike. However, if you’re trying to create a budget or plan for the years ahead, you can get a basic idea of what to expect by checking our general Kia maintenance schedule. These general guidelines can help any driver get prepared for vehicle ownership, but you should always check your owner’s manual for details, exclusions, and additional services that may need to be covered.
These are the maintenance checks you should perform every month on your vehicle:
- Clean the interior and exterior
- Check to see if the check engine light is on
- Check tire pressure and tread
- Make sure all the interior and exterior lights work
- Make sure windshield wiper fluid is filled
Every Three Months or 3,000 Miles
Check the following vehicle components:
- Engine oil and air filter
- Automatic transmission, power steering, wiper fluid levels
- Tire pressure, tread, and wear and tear
- All lights inside and out
- Belts, exhaust, and hoses
- Fuel filter
Every Six Months or 6,000 Miles
In addition to the three-month/3,000-mile maintenance, you’ll want to have these components checked every six months or 6,000 miles:
- Chassis lubrication
- Polish your vehicle
- Car battery and cables
- Windshield wipers
Every 12 Months or 12,000 Miles
These systems and components should be checked annually:
- Steering and suspension
- Coolant levels
- Brake system
- Transmission fluid levels
Required Services for Kia Vehicles
Are you looking for a Kia Optima maintenance schedule, a Kia Soul maintenance schedule, a Kia Sportage maintenance schedule, or a Kia Sorento maintenance schedule? Although checking your owner’s manual is essential, and required services may change from year to year, you can use any of the following guides as a quick reference in a pinch:
- 7,500 Miles – Oil change, tire rotation, safety inspection
- 15,000 Miles – All of the above, plus engine air filter and cabin air filter replacement
- 22,500 Miles – All 7,500-mile services, plus brake pad and tire replacement, as necessary
- 30,000 Miles – All 15,000-mile services, plus brake fluid, transmission fluid, and coolant replacement
- 37,500 Miles – All 22,500-mile services, plus drive belt replacement
- 45,000 Miles – Identical to 15,000-mile service
- 52,500 Miles – Identical to 37,500-mile service
- 60,000 Miles – Identical to 30,000-mile service, plus replacement of timing belt and spark plugs, as necessary
This general Kia service schedule should help you get through the first five years of ownership with ease. Do you have additional questions? Are you looking for advice on how to proceed after 60,000 miles? Although not much will chance as you continue to pass the required service intervals, you can always count on Ray Brandt Kia to point you in the right direction.
Why Follow a Car Maintenance Schedule?
It seems like common sense, but we often forget that our vehicles are intricate machines that need regular care to function properly for your Marrero drives. Without that routine auto service, you risk experiencing more involved issues down the road, such as a dead battery that needs a jump. This can lead to the need for expensive auto parts and repairs. Routine maintenance not only keeps your car, truck, or SUV in running smoothly, but it also saves you money.
Take Advantage of the Ray Brandt Kia Service Department
When your vehicle is due for one of these routine maintenance intervals, let the professionals help. Schedule a service appointment with our highly trained technicians in Harvey, and check out our service specials to help you save on regular car services. You can even learn more about the incredible service you’ll get under the Kia warranty coverage.
More From Ray Brandt Kia
Get where you need to go around Harvey with the versatility and utility of the new 2020 Kia Sorento. Available in five different trim levels, the 2020 Kia Sorento is the ultimate sport utility vehicle for your family— whether your running errands or looking to get way beyond New Orleans. Browse the following guide to discover…
The 2020 Kia Sorento interior delivers seating for up to seven passengers, and offers all of the features you’ll need to feel at home! For years, this three-row SUV has been recognized as one of the best values in the segment for busy families in the New Orleans region. Once you’ve had the chance to see…
Can you tow with a 2020 Kia Sorento? Absolutely! This three-row SUV has long been recognized as a superior value, and with the Kia Sorento towing capacity at your command, you’ll be able to pull up to 5,000 pounds with a V6 and AWD. That’s more than enough power to plan and execute the adventures…