Make the Most of the 2020 Kia Sorento Towing Capacity!
Can you tow with a 2020 Kia Sorento? Absolutely! This three-row SUV has long been recognized as a superior value, and with the Kia Sorento towing capacity at your command, you’ll be able to pull up to 5,000 pounds with a V6 and AWD. That’s more than enough power to plan and execute the adventures you’ve always dreamed of.
How Much Can a 2020 Kia Sorento Tow with Each Engine?
If you want to make the most of your Kia Sorento, you’ll need to know which options to select! Upgrading with the accessory Kia Sorento Tow Package will net you the trailer hitch you’ll need to get started, but it’s no less essential to understand the capacities offered by each engine.
- The 2020 Kia Sorento starts with a 2.4 liter DOHC 16-valve I-4. Although it’s not quite as powerful as the available V6, it’s certainly more than capable:
- 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque
- Standard Front-Wheel Drive
- Available Dynamax™ All-Wheel Drive (Starting on LX)
- Towing Capacity of 2,000 pounds with FWD or AWD
- S V6, EX, and SX models all receive a 3.3 liter DOHC 24-valve V6 with even more to offer:
- 290 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque
- Standard Front-Wheel Drive
- Available Dynamax™ All-Wheel Drive
- Towing Capacity of 3,500 pounds with FWD
- Towing Capacity of 5,000 pounds with AWD
After you’ve chosen the perfect model, engine, and drivetrain for your adventures, our Harvey Kia parts department can set you up with a trailer hitch.
Kia Sorento Towing Features
A powerful engine is certainly important when you’d like to tow heavy cargo around Timberlane or Gretna, but it’s not the only thing you should look for in an adventure-ready SUV. Here, we’ve highlighted just a few of the Sorento SUV’s advantages:
- Locking Center Differential – If you opt for the Kia Sorento tow package, you’ll also want to add the available Locking Center Differential. It “locks” an axle in order to maximize traction, forcing your wheels to rotate at the same speed.
- Torque Vectoring Corner Control – This feature optimizes the torque which is delivered to each wheel, ensuring superior control when you’re towing around a curve. Like the differential, it’s available on all models except for the baseline Sorento L.
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes – While many vehicles offer a combination of disc and drum brakes, the Kia Sorento ensures more reliable performance by equipping disc brakes to all four wheels.
Sorento drivers will also enjoy a full suite of advanced safety and driver assistance features. Here’s what you should look for in each of the Kia Sorento trim levels:
Standard on All Models
- Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Brake Assist System
Standard on LX and Up
- Blind Spot Collision Warning
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning
Standard on S V6 and Up
- Blind Spot Collision Avoidance-Assist
- Forward Collision Warning
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance
Standard on EX and Up
- Forward Collision Avoidance w/ Pedestrian Detection
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop and Go
- Lane Keeping Assist
Test Drive Your 2020 Kia Sorento Today!
What are you waiting for? Find a new Kia Sorento in your favorite color today, and then contact us to set up your test drive! We know you’ll put its towing capacity to good use. Interested in other powerful Kia models? Discover the Kia Sportage towing capacity with Ray Brandt Kia today!
More About the 2020 Kia Sorento
Get where you need to go around Harvey with the versatility and utility of the new 2020 Kia Sorento. Available in five different trim levels, the 2020 Kia Sorento is the ultimate sport utility vehicle for your family— whether your running errands or looking to get way beyond New Orleans. Browse the following guide to discover…
The 2020 Kia Sorento interior delivers seating for up to seven passengers, and offers all of the features you’ll need to feel at home! For years, this three-row SUV has been recognized as one of the best values in the segment for busy families in the New Orleans region. Once you’ve had the chance to see…
Can you tow with a 2020 Kia Sorento? Absolutely! This three-row SUV has long been recognized as a superior value, and with the Kia Sorento towing capacity at your command, you’ll be able to pull up to 5,000 pounds with a V6 and AWD. That’s more than enough power to plan and execute the adventures…
Finding a 2020 Kia Sorento with all the features you want is easy. Choosing between all of the available Kia Sorento colors may not be! Ray Brandt Kia has put together a short and simple guide for our New Orleans and Timberlane neighbors, so you can drive an SUV that reflects your unique sense of style. View Sorento…